A Lil' Sonoma Restaurant Week & Bellwether Farms Lovin
The winner is..... Shelly Larson! Thank you so much to everyone who commented below. There were some awesome answers, and Laurie Figone, your Sonoma cheese and produce poem rocked so much that I entered your name in the name bag twice. Love your spirit. Shelly, Congratulations! Email me your address at email@example.com and I'll send your golden tickets!
It's Sonoma Restaurant Week in the green land of rolling hills, frolicking sheep, and tasty cheese and "It's Not You, it's Brie" is celebrating by hosting a giveaway. This giveaway, of course, is completely centered around cheese.
Rich with wine grapes, abundant produce, and happy livestock, Sonoma is an area that easily supports its local producers. True with such bounty, it would be sacrilege not to, but these kids are devoted.
The regions cheese is no exception to this devotion. For example, a quick look at the links on Sonoma Restaurant Week's website reveals that many of the best eating establishments have secured a place on their menu for Sonoma favorites like Bellwether Farms or Délice de la Vallée cheese. The restaurant week runs from Feb 22nd-28th.
In conjunction with the Sonoma festivities, I am celebrating local cheese reverence with a gift pack so cool that I will be jealous of whoever wins.
The Fromagical Pack Includes:
- A VIP tour of Bellwether Farms (they aren't normally open to tours, so cheese lovers, this is the golden ticket!)
- A $25 gift certificate to the Epicurian Connection, a cheese, gourmet shop and cafe owned by Sheana Davis, the cheesemaker behind Délice de la Vallée.
- Another $25 gift certificate to Japanese restaurant Hiro, which is serving a to-die-for Bellwether Farms ricotta cheesecake as part of its 3-course menu throughout the restaurant week.
Keep in mind the Bellwether tour is a timely thing. Says Bellwether owner Liam Callahan, late weekday mornings are when the action happens and Friday mornings around 10am are best if you want to experience the mighty curd cutting (you do, you do!). Plus, you also want to go soon to see the cutie-pie lambs that are being born in the spring. I, ah, might also try to sneak along on the tour with you.
How to Win:
- Leave a comment in the comment section below saying what Sonoma cuisine means to you.
- Plus, leave a quick mention of a favorite Sonoma (preferred) or California cheese.
- The contest will run through Sonoma Restaurant Week and on Friday the 26th I will randomly draw a winner.
Thanks for playing and good luck!